How often do you say this?
‘How much longer?’
‘I’m not going to wait’
‘I can’t wait to…’
If there was a survey about how much of our lives we spend waiting I bet it would be about as much time as we spend sleeping.
Over the years I’ve waited –
- for Christmas to come – that took for ever
- to be ‘grown up’ (I’m still waiting…)
- for the potatoes to boil
- for a bus
- for exam results
- for a phone call
- for the ‘right’ man
- for warm summer days
- for a holiday
- for my daughter’s key in the lock late at night
- for the cat to come in
- for a job interview
- for a ‘light bulb’ moment
- for a Valentine
- for my first kiss (I was 14 at the time…)
- for the first day of the school holidays (child…)
- for the last day of the school holidays (parent…)
- for the day my son would come home from uni
- for my hair to grow after chemo
- for the postman
- for snow
- for a diamond ring (yes, it was worth the wait…)
Over on Hettythehermit’s blog she says she’s ‘in limbo’.
She has a lot of decisions to make and can’t seem to move forward.
In my view, waiting’s good!
OK, there are some things we could wait for, for ever.
Like – having long hair when we have short, or being brill at tech stuff when we’re only at first base.
But decision making is different.
I have a good friend who says,
When you don’t know what to do, do nothing at all… until you do know.
Wait a while and all will become clear.
I guess you may have to put a time limit on it, but it should be your time limit, no-one else’s. After all, it’s your time…
Some times I feel I’m ‘In Limbo’ like Hetty.
I wait… listen to my gut feelings.. and then I usually know what I want to do.
How about you?
- Are you waiting for something?
- Are you ‘in limbo’, like Hetty?
- What’s your take on the Waiting Game?