The more I consider the topic – First Impressions – the more I want to write about it!
Over on Big Girl Branding, I was reading a guest post by Steve Lazuka. He’s writing about the impressions visitors might get from our blogs and it started me thinking about mine.
I’ve been blogging since March this year but I know I still have lots to learn.
I decided to look at this blog as a first time visitor might and ponder on how I have portrayed myself and my niche.
Here’s what I found:
- I’ve tried to make my blog a bit different so that people will want to return and read some more. I try to do this by writing in a style that reflects my personality, taking a quirky look at life.
- I use a photo for the heading that reflects my Positive Spin personality and I will change the photo from time to time.
- I have tried to make the blog user-friendly and approachable by using a clean theme from Word Press.
- I write as if I’m meeting my reader in person, being honest in my views.
- I don’t pretend to be an expert, simply a Confidence Coach who learns every day from her experiences.
- I want to be helpful, useful, interesting and encouraging to my reader.
- I try not to clutter the site with unnecessary ‘stuff’ so that my reader isn’t confused.
- I chose my photo to be as honest as possible, giving the true ‘picture’of who I am.
- I write about a variety of topics and hope to meet the reader’s needs.
And 1 Thought?
What would you like me to add/subtract from this site to improve and develop it?
All (polite!) suggestions will be noted and acted upon if I can.
Over to you… feel free… !